Sunday, October 26, 2008
Let's talk politicz!
Gosh darn it America, here we are in the clutches of a new found political Renaissance brought to us by our local democracy provider. Isn't it totally fabulous? Not as fabulous as your "Barack the Vote" or "Obama Mama" Urban Outfitters V-neck but dang gone it, sure is trying. However, unlike your cleverly marketed, Cambodian-made tee, freedom doesn't come with a $60 price tag. If it did, then Cindy McCain would undoubtedly purchase it and mold it into a diamond necklace... or a house. Relatin' to the middle class, y'all! Strangely enough, we still have some fragment of political representation in our secretive government and I urge you all to VOTE OR DIE! (Thank you washed up, talentless rapper with an ego the size of the AIDS epidemic for convincing me!) But let me completely scale this pedestal I am on and tell you that if you are going to vote Republican, please do me a favor and shove Sarah Palin's retarded child in your mouth. Now, since this is a persuasive essay, and I am now a collegiate, let me argue why you should eat a handicapped child if you must choose to support a McCain/Palin ticket. First of all, let's start at the root of this evil: the idea of a Republican Party. It is baffling to me that some people insist that they enjoy limited rights. So, in the spirit of democracy, let me ask this question, wasn't the whole debacle with them Brits overseas circa oooh late 1700s based on the plan that a LIMITED GOVERNMENT (not rights) be established? Yet for some durrr... revolutionary theory, we are now divided into two extreme parties. So, Republicans, let me ask you... do you enjoy being indirectly controlled by your government? Do you enjoy having a set of "universal, fundamental" rights that prevent you from carrying out your freedom? Now I know this is not some totalitarian Mussolini shit we are undergoing, but as long as I am living in this seemingly democratic nation where my voice is supposed to be represented and as long as my personal choice of whether I can abort a FETUS (not a baby, assuming I was in the position of course) is threatened, then I can completely discredit most Republican beliefs. Not to mention that this, along with many other ideals are cleverly hidden with a stamp of "ETHIC BASED" when they are really RELIGIOUSLY BASED. This is not to say that I am too obtuse to recognize that the Republican Party consists of more than just the restriction of woman's choice and their obvious dictionary of the "proper" marriage. I could understand the party's support for Reaganomics and the need for a strong military, yes, some beliefs I actually respect. I don't want to get into the glorious war nor healthcare right now so I will overlook my problems on the topics. However, as soon as a political institution is able to dictate the way an individual lives their life and threatens their personal choices, then I have to question, what happened to democracy, or that makeshift, liberty-based government we are supposed to achieve? At what point did mankind as a whole forget that we are just that, HUMANS? Whether black, white, orange, gay, straight, curvy, man, female, hermaphrodite, we are still all humans! And even though, this peaceful theory I am talking about can be applied to everything from Cortez slaughtering the Aztecs to just everyday prejudice of uncontrollable factors in life, when did people forget that we all have personal choices and that we need to respect each other’s decisions? How is one religion superior, or one race superior, or one gender superior when are all made of the same components? I know I am not the nicest gal and I don't practice what I preach in terms of not judging people, but humans must be willing to recognize that there are differences in others so they do not feel the need to mold people so that all ideals, thoughts, and emotions match. I'm in too broad of a spectrum so let's come back to politics, so as far as Republicans go, why is a socially conservationist theory viable? Why is progressivism voided by Republicans? Progress in inevitable. But are people really so desperate to conserve conservatism (lol) that they are willing to elect this man, John McCain as president of the United States? Since being conservative involves ethics, let’s throw my judgments of this man aside and discuss this ethically. George W. Bush put our nation in the most humongous deficit several generations have ever faced, and ever since 9/11, people have complained and beaten their heads with hammers over his decisions and over his character in general. Numerous times I’ve heard people say, ZOMG THERE IS NOOO WAY THAT A REPUBLICAN WILL BE ELECTED PRESIDENT AFTER BUUUSH. And yet, look at where we are… this race is actually close, meaning we are willing to elect a man that is going to pursue much of George Bush’s policies while in office (yes, best believe). Why is this? I would have to attribute this foolishness to society’s fear and prejudice. Even though neither candidate is ideal in my eyes, Barack Obama is so obviously the right choice. Yes, he is a black man, yes he is, but I would like to hope that we are past this antique, ego-maniacal stage of white superiority. Oh wait, no we are not. It’s very sad how large of a part racism plays in this ELEKSHUN 08 REPRESENT. People have their prerogatives and their reasons as to why they don’t like Obama, but poorly executed, false muckraking should not be able to change someone’s mind 180 degrees, nor should it entice hate toward someone. All this dirty propaganda puts this election on such a low, low level and takes away from actually oh I don’t know, discussing issues in the presidency. McCain’s stupidity astounds me more and more as I countdown to November with my fingers crossed. This is a man who suggested Meg Whitman, CEO of Ebay, as Treasury Secretary. Really? Oh and remember when he picked the nasal hyena that is Sarah Palin so become his vice-presidential running mate to subtly entice women after Hillary was defeated (because this is clearly so ethical)? REALLY? How is this Sarah Palin qualified in the least?! There were shrieks and howls about Obama’s inexperience and yet this 2-year governor of ALASKA, 6-year mayor of WASILLA, who is as dense as the ice in her state, now has a chance of RULING US! Does McCain really believe society is this stupid? Clearly, we are. I know this is always brought up but seriously let’s think about this, John McCain is 72 YEARS OLD! Even though he claims to be a healthy man (skin cancer, et al. aside) the stresses a president faces are enough to put a baby into cardiac arrest. Keep in mind America, he has to serve 4 years and then 4 more, isn’t that a stretch? This wouldn’t make me shake in my boots so much if his VP wasn’t SARAH PALIN of all people. How exactly is this woman going to run a nation? HOW?! This is so baffling to me. NOW I AM RAMBLING SO in conclusion, this is totally the wrong term or suggestion in many ways but when you vote (or die or are a permanent resident and therefore cannot vote) and you think to yourself, “Wow neither candidate really appeals to me but golly gee I registered to vote for a reason,” please pick the “lesser of two evils” and vote Obama, because you know Urban Outfitters can come up with better puns including his name. He is a breash of freth air, if I ever breashed one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment