Monday, June 15, 2009

I didn't get into UT. I want to trust that everything happens for a reason. That I went to New York for a reason. That I should return for a reason. That I should stay there for a reason. But isn't that hunch... unreasonable? I'm at this crossroad, stuck between going to Austin and attending ACC, having my own place and car, living in a city I know, near my home, near my friends, near a potential something or going back to New York to be around people I've learned to love and who were there for me through the toughest time I had ever been to, going back to a place that is so full of adventure it scares me sometimes, a place that gives me distance from people I don't wish to see or hear from because that will finally be a possibility, to a less than stellar education but a temporary familiarity nonetheless. So what will it be for me? Permanence or uncertainty? I had my little adventure but is it time to return to reality? What even is reality? Where am I supposed to be right now? I can't believe I graduated high school a whole year ago. What is going on with time? Can all 6 billion of us please pause for a second, just a tiny second, so we can all catch our breaths?

No comments: