Things in my world have taken a complete 180 it seems. I don't want to jinx them BUT I have a good feeling about this upcoming year. Keeping in mind that I have the worst luck in the world, I will knock on wood. And this is why things are fantastic right now:
-Got my last paycheck from Buffalo today, 2 weeks in advance. Leaving me with $700 saved up for NYC.
-Got all that asked for and more at SJU. Have a work study grant AND a job that will provide me with steady income.
-Living in Manhattan, in an area where one month's rent for a one bedroom is $7000.
-I AM GOING TO NYC ON MY TERMS THIS YEAR. This is awesome to me because this time it was actually my choice and I followed my head. Not to mention I don't have a constant reminder of a failed relationship at my doorstep 24/7 anymore. I will meet people that have nothing to with YOU.
-I can transfer to a Buffalo Exchange in NYC because I have good-standing at the one here.
-I got the most important friend I've ever lost to come back to my life.
-My parents don't have to pay nearly as much money for me to go to school and are actually satisfied with what I'm doing.
-I have baller clothes to wear in NY.
-I get to come back to all my new college friends for all new, awesome adventures.
The only con to all this is my boy situation. But ain't it funny how it really all is a complete 180 from last year? For some reason the fact that this is a problem makes me very happy. It proves to me that I am living for myself for once.
This is all too good to be true. It might come crashing down but if it does, this time I will be ready.
FUCK YES.
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment