I heard this tonight and it made me cringe a little. I'm not one to partake in promiscuous sex, so I liked thinking that innocently and genuinely liking another person and going on dates with them was still a possibility. Is it not? In the real world do people just go around fucking anything with a counterpart to their genitalia? I sure hope not. I guess I still believe in going slow and that high school-esque type of relationship. Or even a junior high type of relationship because to me, sex is still a big deal! I guess I am just questioning my ability to meet someone in the proper way, at least the way I imagine it. I would like for someone to be awe-struck by me and me by them and go through that whole friends, get to know one another, awkward movie dates, butterflies in the stomach kisses phase and then have an interval of time before actually going all the way. Does this happen anymore? I am probably the only one that has a set of rules to dating and love. But then again, I don't know what I am talking about because I am not interested in anyone and I am definitely not ready for a relationship still.
Tonight I organized all my papers in hopes of maybe falsely labeling that as studying for finals. I am really depending on my finals to bring up my grades because if I don't do well on them, I might not be able to transfer and then I am in the shitter. This probably means I SHOULD BE STUDYING but Ebay has been calling my name all night with some awesome deals on things I want and fabulously cheap Marc messenger bags.
Speaking of Marc, I tracked through Soho's windtunnels to get to the Marc Jacobs store for discount rainboots only to find out they did not have my size. Last season or not, $10 rainboots are an awesome deal. The train ride back home was interesting because of course with my luck, the token crazy train person ended up sitting next to me laughing randomly and talking about lollipops while loudly sucking upon his Blow Pop. I very attentively stared at the large black woman in front of me who was doing that whole fall-asleep, jerk-awake thing. She was trying to keep her arms crossed and I think I heard her nails clacking on her seat about 15 times until she finally gave up, passed out and started snoring.
It was nice waking up overlooking the Chrysler Building this morning. I really wish I had a TV in my room and also the diffuser in my common room smells excellent because I flipped the sticks. I come home in 8 days.
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment