Tonight it snowed. It was really beautiful and I hadn't felt so giddy and child-like in awhile. Yesterday I decided I would be transfering and leaving New York. It's an extremely lonely place no matter how amazing and it just doesn't feel right for me to stay. My heart hurts too much and I think distance is the only viable solution. This city was never my dream, it was ours. It was shared and I don't have much to share it with anymore.
Tonight I went to a house show in Brooklyn with Kate. Buschwick is really trendy as is most of northern Brooklyn I suppose. I guess I wanted to meet Williamsburg types and I finally did and they weren't as great as I previously imagined them to be. Sure I met a lot of extremely attractive people but it was all very informal and kinda creepy. Probably because every conversation was dripping with sexual undertones. Needless to say I don't understand Brooklyn hipsters much. It was fun but a very weird kind of fun. I probably over-analyze everything, it just turned out that what I wanted was different from what I expected it to be. It's interesting that some many twenty-somethings are unemployed and not in school. But I guess that's New York for ya. Brooklyn is not really my scene but I feel like I might undoubtedly end up at a similar party to the one tonight at some point anyway. Hopefully not leaving at 2AM with my heels in hand and no subway card but at least now I know the joys of the emergency door and fooling the MTA.
All I said I didn't mean the chill is strong and nothing seems to thaw the icy sentiment of love that's gone once winter's spent.
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment