Thursday, May 20, 2010

I have completely abandoned this, which is okay because as of lately, I've been extremely satisfied with my life. Therefore, I've got particularly nothing to complain about or regret. Nothing to over-analyze or cry about. It's summertime and I'm excited for the adventures to come. I've made all As this past school year and I've seemingly found my niche in political science. I've lost 25 pounds as a result of my diet and I feel healthy and better than ever. I've become very fond of running and all my shoes/clothes look so much better on my body now. I've made some invaluable friendships this past year, and found myself an incredible best friend in Stephanie. I've volunteered for the UN, been selected for several summits and I'm growing more involved and interested in volunteering, which is all shaping what I want to become in the professional world. I've had the chance to gain experience interpreting, and I've re-discovered my love for the Spanish language, which is something I stopped utilizing until this year. I've found a liking to St. John's, in terms of the education it provides because the administration are still money-hungry heynas. I've also decided that I'm finishing my education there, and at the rate I'm going, I could attain a Master's a year and a half earlier than most. I would like to eventually go to law school. New York City is where I belong, at least for now. Mainly, I'm just concerned with learning and bettering myself, and in the process, hopefully helping people, changing some aspect of the world, and becoming a fulfilled, happy human being. Perhaps this sounds like some sort of motivational video but I've spent too much of my life complaining and whining and doing nothing about it. Life really is exactly what you make it, so I'm not too worried about my future or about jynxing my good standing. And for all those times I've felt somewhat happy, but still uneasy, I can't relate to that anymore, because I can say that I feel completely burden free. My heart is healed, my mind is healed, my body is healed and while my life is far from perfect, I have extremely high hopes. Bad things will happen, things won't always go my way but I've never been happier. To top off my stellar year, living in Manhattan, partying in places I could have never imagined, going to upscale clubs, meeting awesome people, shopping in SoHo, learning amazing things in school that shape my demeanor, having the time of my life doing so many more things that I can't even remember, I get to have the opportunity to travel to Europe next semester to study with a group of my closest girlfriends. As I said, things may go wrong, but just the fact that I have had the OPPORTUNITY to do these things is incredible. This has been by far the best year of my life and everything I've gone through has helped me become so much more confident and happy. I've got a way to go, but doesn't everybody?
In conclusion, while I am not abandoning writing, I don't have much inspiration to write about emotional, depressing things anymore. I love writing and always will, and I'm aware that I'm comparably gifted at it, but I'd rather stick to documenting my adventures as opposed to spilling my guts. Unless it's spilling guts that are composed of rainbows and bunnies. I'm mainly writing the following for myself, because this blog is going to seriously take a turn for the better. I've purchased a private notebook for my deep thoughts, but I will use this to just document the things that I do from now until, well until I grow up. And I say this is for myself because I'm aware that no one else is particularly concerned about the direction of my blog.
That being said, I've many goals and plans to meet this summer, one of them being increasing my cooking abilities. So as of now, I will start posting my adventures and experiments in the things I make, with the occassional update on my life. Since I'm on a diet, the things I make will be fairly healthy and hopefully yummy. Maybe something I can look back to making in the future. So there it is and here I go. (:

No comments: